Cannot find my config.cfg

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Mattius

Cannot find my config.cfg

Postby Mattius » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

I just installed osmos today via the humble bundle and used the key to link it with my steam account. I am having the issues with openGL, and I have looked through my libraries and in my user documents, but my documents/osmos has only four objects in it; Two folders, stats and screenshots as well as osmos (text document), and osmos.sta. I looked through the text document and saw nothing about D3D. I got this off of the humble bundle fundraiser, so I'm not sure which version I'm running. I would really like to play this game, but I can't seem to find the config.cfg. Any help?

edit: waited long enough to check the credits... running 1.6.0
Last edited by Mattius on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meal Worms

Re: Cannot find my config.cfg

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Mattius,

Check out the Osmos FAQ, which may be able to answer some of the questions you have.

Cheers!
Dave

irk

Postby irk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Same problem here. I have already read the FAQ and it's asking me to edit \My Documents\Osmos\Config.cfg, which is a file that does not exist on my computer.

I'd like to edit the “usingD3D” variable from 0 to 1, since Osmos loads extremely slowly on my Windows 7 computer and I have yet to get past the ESRB rating. After that I'd troubleshoot more but first there's the matter of this file that doesn't exist (hidden files are set to display as well).

irk

Postby irk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Following up: updating my display driver solved the slow loading problem, and after the game started and was closed properly the config.cfg file generated properly. So if you don't have this file you need to get the game to start up as it should first.

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”