Finished levels not marked as "completed"

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
flan_suse

Finished levels not marked as "completed"

Postby flan_suse » Tue May 10, 2011 9:05 am

I'm not sure how Osmos tracks your progress. I have finished most of the levels, but then realized near the end I'm replaying the same level because it says "go for it!" instead of "completed".

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:

You will notice that when I hover my mouse cursor over this mote, it says "go for it!" even though I specifically beat it twice. Every other level is marked as "completed", both small and large motes.

I'm also a bit confused about the difference between the "large motes" and "small motes" and how they relate to the player's progress. I thought that each large mote was an "intro level" into the world, and the smaller motes were levels 1 - 3 that must be completed in order to finish the world?

Osmos 1.6.1
Ubuntu 10.04

theirix

Re: Finished levels not marked as "completed"

Postby theirix » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 am

I second that behaviour.
Due to this bug I can't complete A3B levels and maybe other final levels. It is always reproduced (I can send screenshots).
Let me describe how I have reproduced it today again. I have A3B-3 completed and A3B-1,2 as "go for it", entire A3B is "go for it" too.
I played A3B-1 (by clicking to the A3B-1 directly as noticed in FAQ) and then the game pushed me to the last sublevel A3B-2 – it's ok. But when I returned to the main menu A3B-1 is marked as "go for it" again! As I remember I had played A3B levels a lot and noticed that levels are too similar… How can I complete entire A3B level? Can it be due to completion A3B-3 before 1/2?
It is a great enjoyment to play Osmos but it could be lot better if game progress would be fixed.

EDIT: Mac OS X 10.7, Steam

mr_fosi

Postby mr_fosi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I have this problem as well.

PC, non-steam.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 am

Hey Everyone,

Sorry about the confusion.

First of all, make sure you're running version 1.5.8 or later. (1.5.7 and earlier did indeed have problems in this area.) Also, note that you can see what level you're currently playing in the lower, left-hand corner of the level if you have the HUD enabled.

Here's the scoop on the buttons:
- Each big button represents a "Zone" of three or four levels. Tapping on the big button will take you to the last level of the Zone that you haven't completed yet. If you complete it, you'll be taken to the next level and your progress is stored.
- Each small button represents an individual level that you can click on to take you to a specific level, but you only need to use this if you want to go *back* to a level you've already completed.

Hope that helps! And do let us know if you're still experiencing problems.

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”