Mac - not Snow Leopard

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
MitchBentley

Mac - not Snow Leopard

Postby MitchBentley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 am

Hello, I love the game (demo so far) and bought the MacUpdate Promo... but it seems there is an odd deal going on.

The download links all go to the App Store, and I am running OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard) and cannot use the App Store.
I got an email with special instructions for installing this Steam application and so after doing all that, I now have it all registered through Steam. The problem is, I don't really want Steam. I don't really always want to have to be connected to the internet to play my game (sometimes, it goes down). I want a resident version to just play on my iMac, is that possible?

I must say, having to install another program, register at several other sites (Steam, this forum, etc.), just get and play a $6 game is an awful lot of hoops to jump through for a silly game. I am not real happy about all of this - none of this was indicated at the point of purchase. What ever happened to "Thanks for buying Our Game, here's your serial number and the download button?"

Anyway, a stand-alone version is what I am looking for, got one? :?

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Mac - not Snow Leopard

Postby eddybox » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Mitch,

Sorry about the confusion/hassle! We've spoken with our contact at MacUpdate and they're going to add a downloadable .dmg of the full version of Osmos along with Steam code for all people who purchased from them. It should be available in the next 24 hours or so -- if not please let us know.

Thanks,
Eddy

MitchBentley

Postby MitchBentley » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:48 am

Well, it's okay with Steam. They did put up a notice about it being for the Steam version of the game, to be honest, I may have missed that. There is no standalone version available in my purchases area though - just the demo and instructions on installing Steam.

I love the game and it is a great deal. Steam does run fine, so all is well. I'm happy, we're cool.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi Mitch, (and anyone else who'd like a standalone installer from MacUpdate,)

We heard back from our contact at MacUpdate, and although they won't be adding the standalone .dmg installer to customers' download pages, you can email support@macupdate.com and request a copy.

Cheers,
Eddy

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”