Cursor won't go away in-game.

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
waterguy55

Cursor won't go away in-game.

Postby waterguy55 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi,
I downloaded Osmos on my MacBook a few days ago and everything has been working fine. Until tonight. For some reason now every time I am in-game, the standard Mac cursor appears on top of the Osmos cross-style cursor, and it is very distracting. I've tried restarting my system and even re-installing the game, but I'm still having the same problem. Any help would be very much appreciated, because I really can't play the game like this!

-Dave

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Cursor won't go away in-game.

Postby eddybox » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Dave,

First time we've heard about this for the Mac version. Thanks for letting us know. What version are you running? (Version from our website, Mac App Store, elsewhere...?) Also, could you post a screenshot please?

Thanks,
Eddy

waterguy55

Postby waterguy55 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:18 pm

When I take a screenshot of it, the issue doesn't show up in the resulting image. This leads me to believe that this is not an issue with the game, but rather with something on my computer. I am running Mac OS X v10.8.1 (Mountain Lion), and I purchased Osmos from the Mac App Store. I realize that you probably won't be able to help me since it seems to me to be an issue with my computer, but I provided that info just in case!

Thanks,
Dave

EDIT: I took another screenshot and this time it did come up!

As you can see, the regular Mac cursor is always on top of the Osmos cursor. Sometimes it will not appear at first when I first start a game, but after a couple seconds it never fails to appear. Please help as this makes it very annoying to play the game!

-Dave

waterguy55

Postby waterguy55 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Ok,

So I figured out what the problem is/was, but it still bugs me a little. I use a program called Better Touch Tool for the window snapping feature (like in Windows 7), and I found that by turning off its functionality for Osmos I am no longer experiencing the double cursor issue. What is a little troubling however is why this issue didn't manifest itself from the get-go, as both programs worked together fine for the first week or so that I had Osmos. In any case, I resolved the problem and I just figured I'd let you all know. Thanks!

-Dave

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Nice investigative work Dave! Glad to hear you've at least found a workaround, and thanks for letting us know. I've just gotten in touch with Andreas, the developer of Better Touch Tool; hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,
Eddy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am

Update: I just heard back from Andreas, the developer of Better Touch Tool. Apparently BTT forces the system cursor to be visible in certain configurations, but he said he'll look into fixing this for the next version. :)

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”