Win8 Tablet PC - Better Touchscreen Controls?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Maelin

Win8 Tablet PC - Better Touchscreen Controls?

Postby Maelin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:31 am

Hi, I've owned Osmos for a while on Steam. I recently bought a Windows 8.1 tablet PC, and thought Osmos would be a fun thing to play on its touchscreen.

However, the touch controls in the Steam version are very poor. I tried the demo on Android, and it was obviously way better designed for touchscreen.

Is there any chance the PC version might get some better touchscreen functionality?

tiptie

Re: Win8 Tablet PC - Better Touchscreen Controls?

Postby tiptie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:07 am

I agree. W8 tablets are here. I own the original Osmos and have also tried the demo for W7 tablets. It is not perfect for W8. Especially the slowup and down flick is not too friendly with W8.

I think that we need a W8 version. I also bought the Android version, but it is limited in levels! I love the many levels on the PC version.

You need a beta tester? Sign me up.

przemekt

Postby przemekt » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:07 am

I'm sorry, what is this touch controls you are guys are talking about. I didn't notice any. I own a win8 tablet olso and there is no way to use osmos without a keyboard standing by. I also volunteer to be a beta tester. I had great time with osmos on iPhone - just with a single tap and few pinches - so I except for time and effort I don't see any obstacle to make a PC controls include touch only mode too.

Anyway it's a beautiful game.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

[Sorry about the super-delayed reply on this! Finally catching up on our forums...)

I recently added a link to the multitouch version of Osmos on customers' download pages. Have you tried downloading and playing that version? If so I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Sevik

Postby Sevik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 am

Hi

I bought the steam version. How do I get the multitouch-version? I can't find the download page :(

Thanks

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi Sevik,

The multitouch version isn't available on Steam. (Not yet, anyways.) Send us an email at webmaster and we'll hook you up. :)

Cheers,
Eddy

ThoAppelsin

Postby ThoAppelsin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:06 pm

I also have Osmos on Steam, which I had obtained through a Humble Bundle, as far as I remember.
And I also have a touchscreen tablet PC.

I've already finished the game a couple of times, but I'd like to experience the gameplay once again with a touchscreen this time. Am I also eligible for this "hooking up" business? If so, where should I be sending an e-mail to? Or should I be doing something else, since it has been like a year since that last word?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi ThoAppelsin, You can send us an email at webmaster@[nameofourcompanyandwebsite].com

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”