Linux version

A good place for general questions and comments...
Meal Worms

Re: Linux version

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for your post liamdawe. As described on the Osmos FAQ, we're a two-man shop with lots of work to do, but rest assured that we'll be porting to Linux in a few months from now!

Cheers,
Dave

liamdawe

Postby liamdawe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 am

I just read the faq heh good stuff.

Just a thought when the mac and lin versions are done you may want to get in contact with Play Greenhouse -> http://playgreenhouse.com/

Can't wait to play it on Linux :D

xolotl

Postby xolotl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey, just wanted to mention that I, too, am looking forward to a native Linux version, though for now the thing runs flawlessly under Cedega. I'm glad to find out that there are at least plans to get the Linux port done; hopefully it doesn't prove too annoying to turn into reality. :)

Oh, and personally I'd be pretty leery of Greenhouse these days... Their customer support took a huge nosedive sometime after the second Penny Arcade game, and they don't seem eager to patch up the resulting public image mess. I know a number of folks from there (myself included) who are a bit bitter towards the site (not that that's statistically notable or anything). Plus there's the DRM thing over there, which coupled with their currently-lousy support means that you'll have paying customers unable to play the game while they get stuff sorted out. (By which I mean: somebody will eventually have some problems with activation, and it'll take awhile to get that sorted out; Didn't mean to imply that that's a common problem, which AFAIK it isn't.)

Still, I suppose if it doesn't cost anything to have a relationship, it probably wouldn't hurt to have another place where the game is sold... Anyway, that's just my unasked-for two cents. FWIW.

Vadi

Postby Vadi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:03 am

Subscribed to the mailing list; will buy when linux version is available.

Swift

Postby Swift » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:10 pm

If it does matter, if there is enough users wanted Linux version before Mac version...would it be possible to get it moved up before the Mac version? (I would too, love a Linux before Mac version)

SlickMcRunFast

Postby SlickMcRunFast » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Any updates?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:23 am

Hey SlickMcRunFast,

The latest news is that the Mac port is almost done. Good news, but not what people in this thread are looking for... ;-)
Once that's out the door we'll hit the Linux port. (Small team, so it's hard to get everything done at once.)
We'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Eddy

liamdawe

Postby liamdawe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

Any update on this, you guys have been rather quiet on that front.

Also will it run on a netbook, i'm hoping so since it is not a massive 3d game heh.

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am

Hey liamdawe,

Unfortunately no updates on the linux front. We're actually busy working on the iPhone/iPad port at the moment, which is coming along really well.
That said, I have been looking for someone good to do the linux port (none of us are linux experts), so if you know any solid linux programmers (graphics, sound, packaging...) please send them our way. :)

Thanks,
Eddy

liamdawe

Postby liamdawe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi sorry it has taken me some time to get back, i have turned on reply notifications now.

For porting you can choose these guys -> http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/ they can also publish it via their website, which will then be seeded through to their resellers (more exposure), have a chat with them.

If they are a no go then try ryan gordon -> http://icculus.org/ (he is the guy porting Aquaria to Linux). Also means more exposure as he is a well known name in the Linux community.

I have also made a post asking for help for you on Ubuntu forums which i would post a link to only i got this error "Your message contains too many URLs. The maximum number of URLs allowed is 2.", can you up the forums limit on urls posted please? I basically told them the story and asked them to either PM you or to email the webmaster email.

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”