Mac Support

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Flayloader

CPU Usage depending on OS?

Postby Flayloader » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Aaron,
I have tested OSMOS on my iMac (Core 2 Duo, 4 GB, OS X 10.6.8 SL) and the CPU usage never reached the 100% level.
On my brand new MBP (i5, 4 GB, OS X 10.7 LION) the CPU usage reaches maximum, temperature rises and
fan starts immediately after starting the game! Even when I acces the menu the cpu usage
does not decrease!
Maybe the new OS X Lion is the reason for this bad performance?
Flayloader

Meal Worms

Re: Mac Support

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:09 am

Hi Flayloader,

Yeah, could be a software issue. I'm running a MBP with Snow Leopard and the 4-core i7 and no overheating occurs when running Osmos. Have you seen folks on other OSX game forums mentioning with your same hardware/OS config mentioning the issue?

Dave

Kiki21

Postby Kiki21 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi,

I installed Osmos on my new MacBook pro (it doesn't have the very latest OS, though). My touchpad is set up so that a two-fingered tap is equivalent to a right-click.

But now matter what, I can't get the game to slow down or speed up! Aargh.

I have also tried setting the touchpad so I can use the right click button that is available on the bottom right of the pad, but no joy.

What can I do?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Kiki,

Hmm, that should be just fine, can't think of why it doesn't work. Anyway, you can use the left/right arrow keys to slowdown/speedup time. Tap the key quickly for full slowdown/speedup, or hold it down for more graudual control.

Enjoy,
Dave

Kiki21

Postby Kiki21 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 am

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Sadly, the arrow keys don't work either! Up/down zooms in and out just fine, but left/right has no impact on time ...

I was really looking forward to this feature - the game is no fun to play without it.

Could there be something wrong with the download? I downloaded it from the App store just two or three weeks ago; what are my options now?

Best wishes,
Elmien

JhonJairo

Postby JhonJairo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Issue with starting up Osmos :? what to do?

I already uninstall an install osmos more then ones, but when I want to start Osmos it fails and I get(Osmos is quit unexpectedly)

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Kiki21,
Osmos doesn't allow time-warping for the first F1 and A1 levels. We wait until the tutorial levels are finished and time-warping is introduced so that new players don't get confused if they right click the mouse. Can you time-warp in A2O?

Aaron

curmudgeonlybumbly

Postby curmudgeonlybumbly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 am

Hello John Jairo.
It's very unusual for Osmos not to be able to start. We had some difficulties with the early beta releases of OS Lion, but Osmos works with the final Lion release. What operating system are you running on (Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard)? What type of Mac are you using? Did you buy Osmos from the App Store, Steam, or direct from the Hemisphere website?

Aaron

danteusz

Postby danteusz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 am

Hi,
I am trying to run Steam Osmos on my MBP '11 with OS X Lion 10.7.1. Every time I got message "Steam must be running to play this game", while Steam is running. Here is the log:

Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_364633
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_368730
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_118813
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_204850
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_286790
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_553095
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_1646994
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos -psn_0_1663382
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Commandline: /Users/danteusz/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/osmos/Osmos.app/Contents/MacOS/Osmos
SteamAPI_Init() failed

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 am

Hi danteusz,

If Steam is running and your network connection is live, then I'm not quite sure what to suggest. Can you try uninstalling Osmos via the Steam interface and reinstalling it again? If that doesn't help, I'm afraid you may have to try Valve's customer support, as it sounds like a Steam backend issue.

Cheers,
Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”