Multi

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
Smozmoz

Multi

Postby Smozmoz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 pm

When I try to start multiplayer mode on my ipad 2 it flashes a game center window for a moment and then it goes away. Anyone getting it to work?

Meal Worms

Re: Multi

Postby Meal Worms » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 am

Hi Smozmoz,

Sounds like it might be a problem with your GameCenter connection. Does rebooting your iPad help? What if you sign out of GameCenter (via the GameCenter app) and then relaunch Osmos?

Dave

Smozmoz

Postby Smozmoz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

Rebooting doesn't help, and neither does logging out of gamecenter and back in. On game center for osmos it says "no players" and"no leader board".

BTW I'd much rather have new levels, ideally user created levels with a level editor, than multi. The existing levels barely scratch the surfaceof what the game could be!

bjoernbarnekow

Postby bjoernbarnekow » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Same problem with me. When tapping on 'Game Center' the game center screen slides in and out instantly. quit and restart = nothing. reboot = nothing. game center logout and login = nothing. game center changing the account settings = nothing. uninstall and reinstall and replay all levels = nothing.

Thanks for help.

Björn

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks for all the details everyone. We're not sure why this is happening yet, but we want to get to the bottom of it.

Could you send us your Osmos log please? Here's how to get at it:

1) Connect your iOS device to your computer.
2) In iTunes (on your computer), select your device (on the left, under 'Devices).
3) Go to the 'Apps' tab for your device, and scroll down to 'File Sharing'
4) Select 'Osmos', and on the right you should see some filenames appear.
5) Select 'Osmos.log' and hit the 'Save to...' button to save it to your computer
6) Attach the log and progress files to an email, sending it to <webmaster at hemispheregames dot com>

Thanks!

Smozmoz

Postby Smozmoz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:48 pm

The problem for me was that I had apparently set a restriction on games in the settings panel. I tried another multiplayer game and it also failed but had an error message explaining why it couldn't start multi. HTH

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Good to know -- thanks for the info Smozmoz! :)

I just added the info to our FAQ: http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-ipad ... dismissing

We'll look into adding better error reporting for the next version.

Thanks,
Eddy

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”