Music died after update

Feedback and support for the iOS (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch) versions of Osmos
Eugenn29

Music died after update

Postby Eugenn29 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello, first of all I'd like to congratulate the developers of this awesome game. I'm a big fan, I've been playing it on my PC since 2009 and this year I bought it for my iPod.
Today I checked out the new update and, to my surprise, I don't hear the music anymore. The volume is set at max in the settings, and the FX sounds work fine. I tried closing the app (not just going home and back in) and that accomplished nothing.

Does anyone know what could be the issue? Any help would be appreciated! :)

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Music died after update

Postby eddybox » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 am

Hi Eugenn,

It's probably another app that is "hogging" the iOS audio system. Try closing other apps that use audio (removing them from the cache) and try again. If that doesn't work, a reboot of your device would probably do the trick. (Hold down the power button for a few seconds.) Let us know how that works for you, please.

Cheers!

Eugenn29

Postby Eugenn29 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks eddybox, the problem is fixed :) . There's every chance you were right, let me tell you what happened.

Without me having done anything, yesterday morning I tried to use my iPod as usual but the screen didn't turn on. The on/off button had no effect either, so I figured I should try plugging it into the wall. It came to life, the apple logo appeared for about a minute and all was back to normal. Then I opened Osmos and the music was back.

I guess the device turned itself off for some reason :? . After booting the OS again everything worked fine.

Thanks again!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Cool, thanks for letting us know Eugenn! :)

Glint

Postby Glint » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Eugenn29 wrote:Thanks eddybox, the problem is fixed :) . There's every chance you were right, let me tell you what happened.

Without me having done anything, yesterday morning I tried to use my iPod as usual but the screen didn't turn on. The on/off button had no effect either, so I figured I should try plugging it into the wall. It came to life, the apple logo appeared for about a minute and all was back to normal. Then I opened Osmos and the music was back.

I guess the device turned itself off for some reason :? . After booting the OS again everything worked fine.

Thanks again!

Nice, that worked for me too. I've been having lots of problems with sound lately on my ipad.

Return to “iOS Osmos (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)”