Does Google Play integration mean cloud progress save?

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
TWiStErRob

Does Google Play integration mean cloud progress save?

Postby TWiStErRob » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:51 am

I'm wondering what happens if I reinstall the game (or move to another phone), will I lose progress or the fact that I logged in to Google Play is enough to have my progress safely on the cloud?

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Does Google Play integration mean cloud progress save?

Postby eddybox » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Unfortunately Osmos doesn't support cloud backup of game progress, sorry. We're trying to get our platform builder (Apportable) to support this (as we do on iOS), but no luck yet. Hopefully someday!

TWiStErRob

Postby TWiStErRob » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:01 am

That's sad news.

I'm not familiar with Apportable, but can't you write platform-specific code for Android and work around this?

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:44 am

Unfortunately not. The Android version of Osmos is actually a cross-compiled version of our iOS codebase, coded in C++ and Objective-C using iOS calls, not Java and Android NDK calls. So if Apportable doesn't implement the "bridge" for a specific feature from iOS to Android, we can't work around it ourselves. This wasn't really a problem in the past, as they were really responsive (we even wrote about them here: http://www.hemispheregames.com/2013/11/ ... xperience/), but things seem to have slowed down over there unfortunately. I'll keep poking, as you aren't alone in requesting this. I also feel it's the biggest missing piece in our Android version. I'll post back here with news as it comes in.

Return to “Android Osmos”