OSMOS Mote running slow on Android

Feedback and support for the Android versions of Osmos
OSMOSaddict

OSMOS Mote running slow on Android

Postby OSMOSaddict » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:55 pm

I have used OSMOS on Iphone and it runs very smoothly.
I recently purchased an Andriod based phone (and with that OSMOS again, thank you for this game!) however the Mote does not move as smoothly, it actually slows down and than accelerates again.

I have seen some notes on how to switch to D3D but not sure if this is applicable for a phone and how to do that on the phone.
Would appreciate any guidance on this.
Thanks

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: OSMOS Mote running slow on Android

Postby eddybox » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:37 pm

First of all, thanks for picking up the game twice! :)

Osmos does run a little slowly on some Android devices unfortunately. (And the D3D flag doesn't apply to mobile versions.) What model phone & OS are you running it on?

Thanks,
Eddy

OSMOSaddict

Postby OSMOSaddict » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 am

I use the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with android version 5.1.1

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks for the info. It does seem like we have some issues on a few Galaxy models. We're hoping to improve that, but it's slow going unfortunately. In the meantime I'd like to at least offer you a refund. Could you email your Android receipt to webmaster@hemispheregames.cmo please? Thanks!

princew

Postby princew » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:50 am

I just wanted to chime in here... I just bought a new Galaxy Note 5 running Android 5.1.1 and it does run very jerky on this as well. I was looking for other reasons even the screen protector (which is glass) until I finally came here and saw this post. I mention the screen protector because I did notice that the game will generally run smoother when my finger is on the screen and goes immediately into the jerky phase when I lift my finger off the screen... Not sure if that helps.

Anyways I also wanted to say thanks for making such a great game. I think it takes a certain type of individual to "Get" the game in the way I do. I consider it one of the best games I've ever played, and I've downloaded, and paid for this game on just about every platform. It's easily the best mobile game that exists imho. Anyways I've had it for years and it's always run very smooth on the iPhone and iPad I have, and this was literally the first thing I downloaded when I took the note 5 out of the box (just ask my wife) and was a little disappointed to see the jerkiness on such a new high powered device. It's still playable however so it's not all that bad. Hope you figure out the problem and are able to provide an update.

So thanks again, if you want any more feedback or someone to help test let me know, I've been a programmer and game developer for over 20 years and even worked for companies like EA.

Cheers,
Russ

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the really nice feedback, and sorry about the framerate/jerkiness problems.

The good news is, it seems like this is only an issue with recent builds (2.3.x) of Osmos on Android. I've sent an older build to a number of players now, and it's done the trick for them all. Please send us an email at webmaster@[this website] and we'll send you a download link.

I wish we could just fix the build on the store, but the issue seems to lie in the platform we're using. So we're dependent on a 3rd party for a fix – and they're taking a *really* long time to address it. I'm pestering them on a regular basis though, and hope to get some progress soon.

Thanks again, Russ!

ps. We might take you up on your offer to test at some point. ;-)

Return to “Android Osmos”