Multiplayer "Tournaments"

A forum for expert Osmos players to get in on some fun, high-level, multiplayer games!
bed ted

Re: Multiplayer "Tournaments"

Postby bed ted » Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Vieve wrote:I must be missing something very obvious here... I'm not able to be on the Net at the time of the Multiplayer tournaments so would like to watch a video of some of the play, if there is one. If there is, I don't see how to access it.

Hi Vieve, I posted a couple of you tube videos where you originally asked in the other topic thread http://www.hemispheregames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=899&p=4063#p4063

Here are the links again
http://youtu.be/FeSH7OMZHG0
http://youtu.be/fylzC4NbJCA
To capture the video I used two camera tripods - one with a mount for my iphone, the other holding my compact digital camera.

The word "tournament" was probably a bit misleading. There is no specific Tournament functionality in the game. It was just a term used loosely, to define a good time when skilled players could organise to be available to hopefully play against each other.

Also, unfortunately at this point there is still no way to pick and choose who you play against. Everyone is at the mercy of Game Center (or the Android equivalent). Often I'll be waiting ten minutes for a game only to be pitted against someone who is playing for the very first time.

hank.erchiff

Postby hank.erchiff » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:45 am

Is this still going on? I'd love to play some games with skilled players (I only have about 200 wins, but I just started playing multiplayer).

brisdaz

Postby brisdaz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:50 am

Just had the best multiplayer game with 25 rounds on impasse.

Would be keen to play with intermediates.

I'm on Android nexus 7 (2013). Message me and then add me to your circles - https://plus.google.com/118015595950810462981

brisdaz

Postby brisdaz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Still looking.

CsYager

Postby CsYager » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:18 am

I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU OSMOS CHAMPIONS TO A MULTIPLAYER BRAWL ON OSMOS IMPASSE! I AM SUPER PRO SO WATCH OUT!!! My username: CsYager :twisted:
P.S.
To choose who you battle search them on game center and friend them then choose them under "invite friend"

dNb_NEOPHYTE2

Postby dNb_NEOPHYTE2 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:57 pm

[/quote]I really love the new multiplayer update! Ive really been getting into it for a bit. And a few suggestions let me see here... :? Aha! Here they are,so i would like an Evolution fact to the game,like,if you get big enough,you get deffirent traits,for instance,get big,get fast! Get big enough you might get a spike or unlock a cosmetic. Well, a hat would be cool for master players too! :lol: Maybe even a new mode: Co-op Survival! :mrgreen: Maybe coins? Get coins each multiplayer win to buy different colors? Well thats it! As always, have a great gaming experiance!

Goodnumberlessadi

Postby Goodnumberlessadi » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:52 am

Hello, I was a new user of OSMOS and I am liking the game so far. I also think I'm capable for multiplayer, but whenever I try to log in from game centre, the Osmos game does not appear ( I am a ios user)

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:08 am

Hi Goodnumberlessadi,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "whenever I try to log in from game centre". In general you should already be logged into Game Center at the OS level whenever you play a game. (The OS will prompt you to login.)

Here's the basic flow to play Osmos multiplayer online: Go into the "Multiplayer" section from the main menu in Osmos, then tap on "Game Center", then tap on "play now". You'll then see a "waiting..." animation while Game Center tries to find a player to match you up with. I should mention that there aren't nearly as many players looking for Osmos games as there once was (sniff sniff), so it may take quite a while to find an opponent, and you may not find one at all at certain times of day. One sure-fire way to find an opponent is to get a friend to play with! :)

Cheers,
Eddy

brisdaz

Postby brisdaz » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Just to let people know that there are a few of us still playing who are quite good on the Android side. We're grand masters or masters. You just have to be willing to wait.

I wish there was a way to be background notified of auto match games. That way we're not relying on just one person.

Return to “Multiplayer Melee”