Issue with Crossover

A good place for general questions and comments...
majorman

Re: Issue with Crossover

Postby majorman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Well sorry I still can't manage to find a log thing for crossover. What I did do, was take a look at what the console in the Mac OS said when I tried to launch Osmos through Crossover.

8/18/09 3:02:52 PM [0x0-0x5d05d].com.codeweavers.CrossOverHelper.New Bottle.Osmos/.Osmos[2341] Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
8/18/09 3:03:15 PM [0x0-0x5f05f].com.codeweavers.CrossOverHelper.New Bottle.Osmos/.Osmos[2356] Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)

Don't know if that is any help at all.

Thanks for your time.

-Majorman

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Well, you lost me there, majorman. Hmmm... any Crossover experts out there with an idea...?

Thanks,
Eddy

danw13335

Postby danw13335 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:44 pm

I also have this problem, unfortunately. I can't provide any extra information, except that I'm using the latest 8.0 beta release of CrossOver Games. That could be the problem, but unless majorman is also running that version, it's probably not.

Also, I think the "crossover log" you were talking about was the information returned from the debug program that majorman already posted:

Code: Select all

The command "/Users/Dan/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Osmos/drive_c/Program Files/Osmos/osmos.exe" returned 53.

StdOut:

StdErr:

As far as I know, there's no other log file for CrossOver Games. If there was, however, it would likely contain the same information.

I guess the only way we're gonna get to play Osmos in OS X is when the native version is finally released, eh?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi danw13335 -- our beta testers also found that Osmos runs on Macs under VMware Fusion or Parallels; perhaps you can try one of these?

Dave

majorman

Postby majorman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:36 am

I'm using the latest version of crossover (not beta). I've tried it both using Crossover Games and Crossover Pro, yet get the same result using both of them even after complete uninstalls of both Crossover and the actual game. Looks like I'll be waiting till the OS X version comes out to play it on my mac. Until then I'll be using my Windows partition. :|

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”