Soundtrack Album

A good place for general questions and comments...
jojo

Soundtrack Album

Postby jojo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Since osmos has such a amazing soundtrack,
Would it be possible for you (hemisphere studios) to release the music of osmos in a album online?
Preferably like they did at 2dBoy from World of Goo by just putting it on the site as a freebie.
Though it could ofcourse also be just for the buyers of the game (maybe even tranfered with a steam/D2D update),
or on itunes (though i prefere the first ones)

Others reading this, let me know if there are others who agree about getting the soundtrack online?

P.S.

i am aware that the music is available in ogg's in the "osmos\sounds" folder, though i'd rather see a proper mp3 album composed of 5-15 full length tracks without all the game and interface sounds

Meal Worms

Re: Soundtrack Album

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks for your comments jojo. Doing a proper CD release of the music in Osmos would be absolutely fabulous! We'd all really love that, no doubt! Sadly though, I highly doubt we're going to have the manpower available to tackle the legal and production side of a project like this any time soon (nailing fresh contracts from the artists, getting the audio engineering, mastering, etc on the tracks, etc)

In the mean time, jojo, you can enjoy the sweet sounds of Osmos by playing the game a ton! :D

Thanks again,
Dave

jojo

Re: Soundtrack Album

Postby jojo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 pm

cool,

ill stay tuned

Maybe its a idea to inform at 2dboy how they did that with the soundtrack of World of Goo,
They got it out pretty fast
Though most stuff was just copypasted into the album, from what i've seen osmos contains more like snipets of music and sounds, and they get dynamicly mixed together in realtime right?

so that would be harder creating a track/album from it.

anyways ill wait for it, or maybe just some random dudes will start to mix it and put it on youtube

Return to “Hemisphere Meta”