Update issues?

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Bluebear

Re: Update issues?

Postby Bluebear » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:53 am

Alright well i bought this game yesterday, and started noticing the issue as soon as i started it. I thought at first it might be something to do with the fact that its in windowed mode, i was wrong. So i tried out a few things, but at the same time just put up with it seeing as it didnt interupt the game that much. Now, however, it's pretty crazy. It came up once every few seconds about an hour ago, and now its flickering up, then staying up. And when i get it to close by press esc, it comes up again and stays up. This makes the game totally unplayable. i can see in the background of the update screen its got a list of my achievements, ones that i do and do not have. And when i turn the game on it says new level unlocked. Having read all of the above, the issue is obviously to do with how the game records your progress and achievements compared to how steam does it. I tried running it in offline mode aswell as turning friends off and the same thing has happened. This confuses me even further. So thats where i stand currently on this one.

Hwee

Postby Hwee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 pm

@Meal Worms:
The only flicker I get is that shown by jeffplum's screenshot. I didn't see anything Steam related.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Hey gang,

We rolled out an update on Steam earlier today (Tuesday) that hopefully contains a fix for the flicker issue. Anyone with comments on how the update is (or is not) addressing their issues?

Thanks,
Dave

jeffplum

Postby jeffplum » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 am

I'm afraid it's still flickering a bit. I've put a more detailed explanation in the Osmos Support thread here http://www.hemispheregames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=137&start=90

IronMike

Postby IronMike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am

Hi

After the steam update, the problem has slightly changed : there's still a flickering screen but now it thanks me for playing the demo (I've got the full version !).

IronMike

Postby IronMike » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello

problem is still here... any (good) news ?

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi IronMike,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue... we're trying to track it down. Can you please reply to Eddy's post on the topic here?

Thanks,
Dave

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help and for the info you've been sharing with us. The common thread between everyone who has been experiencing the flicker problem is their machine CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2). We suspect there's some code in two of the libraries Osmos links against that isn't 64-bit safe; hope to have a fix soon!

Thanks for your patience,
Dave

Diego

Postby Diego » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:30 pm

I was having this problem and solved running the game in compatibility mode - Windows 98 / ME.

Right click on the EXE file - Compatibility Tab - Check Compatibility mode and choose Windows 98/ME.

Kind regards

Diego Castaño (Sorry about the lousy english, it has been a while since I last used it..)

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Great tip, Diego, thanks! Out of curiosity, can you please send your Osmos.log (found in the Osmos directory of your Documents folder) to me at daveburke<at>hemispheregames.com ?

Thanks,
Dave

ps -- your English is perfect ;)

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”