Osmos Suggestions, Improvements & Wishlists

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
goetter

Re: Osmos Suggestions, Improvements & Wishlists

Postby goetter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks, Dave. If I manage to get anything working to my satisfaction I'll report back here.

Ben

felixturner

Postby felixturner » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 am

some kind of "ever-lasting free mode" would be good;

Yeah this would be awesome - would be cool if you could keep growing up from an ameoba to a dust mote to a jellyfish to a planet to a galaxy etc (and following rudy rucker's looping scale theory back to a quark). the backgrounds and music would change as you scaled up.

It would be interesting to use the idea of shooting balls at enemies to make them move more important so you could knock motes into each other and have them blow up in chains?

I also like the idea of playing inside some kind of maze.

Perpetual

Postby Perpetual » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am

Glad to hear that an editor is high on the list! I also second the scripting language idea - maybe allowing us to procedurally generate custom levels?

As for other features - a co-operative multiplayer mode would be awesome! I guess players would have to bounce off eachother to avoid consuming them and mission requirements would take all players into account i.e. "become massive" missions could look at your combined size. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to do though :?

Also, a couple of small improvements:

• Storing the save game file using steam cloud so progress is kept between computers - I've noticed "not using cloud" in the log file, is this related?
  • An option to stop the music speed changing when speeding up/slowing down time - although quite a cool feature, changing between slomo and normal alot hurts my ears

Out of interest, how large can you make levels before performance starts dropping (i assume it depends more on the number of seperate blobs)?

m_gol

Postby m_gol » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

1) Right, I would also love to see more than one non-standard achievements, it would make the game far more interesting!

2) What about some "mixed" modes in which a player would encounter not only feraxes, but also repulsors, attractors (like in warped chaos levels) etc.?

P.S. Should you expand the game, please make it possible to transfer progress from the older versions. :)
P.S.2. I really love this game! I just wish I could love it even more. ;)

sqncer

Postby sqncer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 am

It would be great if the Osmos for PC contain something like arcade mode in iPad, where i can choose exactly level (epicycles,ambient,ambient - dark matter) and difficulty. Now, if i want some relaxing ambient level, i can choose between 2 (!) options, which is terribly low.

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 am

HI Sqncer,

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the PC/OSX/Linux version of the game is different from Osmos on iOS, in that the extra content unlocks once you've completed the core levels. At that point, the 'forever' zones will unlock, which contain content that gets harder and harder.

However: don't forget about the 'randomize level' feature, where you can go back and play random variants of any level you're enjoying currently ;-)

Dave

biobern

Postby biobern » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi forum,
I am the biggest Osmos fan of all. iOs an PC, both is incredibly good and I still play it!

What i'm still missing is something that don't need any interaction. An "attract mode" like in an arcade game or a "screensaver" or "save all your game movements to watch it later", Whatever. something to just watch and chill.
Maybe this was said before in one way or another. Sorry then.

Bern

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:50 am

Hi biobern,

Thanks for your suggestion, it's a great one. We've definitely thought of an 'attract mode' for Osmos; hopefully it'll make it into a future release!

Cheers,
Dave

petemg

Postby petemg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Here's a feature request for the Mac version — it'd be great for the game state to be synced via iCloud. It should be pretty simple to store the list of completed levels in the key-value store and read from it on other devices. I happen to live on a lot of different Macs between work and home, and would like my progress to be reflected on all the machines.

Otherwise, no complaints!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Petemg,

Agreed with you 100%. Adding iCloud support to sync progress across machines is the #1 feature we want to add at this point -- both to the Mac as well as the iOS versions.

(We *just* released update 2.1 for iOS this evening, including voice chat for multiplayer games. Just letting you know if case you thought we were sitting on our hands. ;-) )

Thanks!
Eddy

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”