Horses for courses I guess

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Richard H

Horses for courses I guess

Postby Richard H » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:06 pm

http://resolution-magazine.co.uk/content/review-osmos/

I have to admit that apart from an obsession with Battlefield Bad Company and BF 1943 online and a dalliance with World of Goo I really haven't been playing enough games lately :) So perhaps I don't have the wider perspective of this reviewer but I think Osmos is an enriching experience. I won't go on as I've said most of what I had to say in the comment I posted after this review.

I've played about 2.5 hours so far. Perhaps the game will finish soon, perhaps it won't, I don't know yet. I'll certainly go back and play some random levels regardless. But for me with this kind of game and at this price its as much as what you take away from the game as how much of your time it monopolises.

Well done!

Meal Worms

Re: Horses for courses I guess

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am

Thanks Richard! And I really appreciate your comment on the review!

Yeah, whenever you do doing anything creative, you have to remember that "you can't please everyone." We're really happy with the game we've created, and the overall feedback we've been getting has been super-positive. But, there's no accounting for taste, and we fully expect that some people won't be into Osmos' chillness. <shrug> C'est la vie!

Enjoy the game... ;-)

Dave

Richard H

Postby Richard H » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

And that was before I'd played through the Ambient Impasse levels. Another great variation. Insane genius :)

I'll be interested to try some random seeds of these.

jeffplum

Postby jeffplum » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 am

There we go, that balances that review out nicely. ;)

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”