"Upgrade" notificaton while playing full version

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
mint_me

"Upgrade" notificaton while playing full version

Postby mint_me » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Hey, you guys apparently updated to fix the problem not sure if you have released that particular update yet. but the recent update that you performed, the issue of the upgrade notification is still flashing and seriously irritating to play. i paid for a fullversion game and its telling me i have the demo. so please fix it up soon.

Thanks,

mint_me

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: "Upgrade" notificaton while playing full version

Postby eddybox » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi mint_me,

We hear you, and we're working on it. It's an odd problem though, and unfortunately we can't reproduce it on any of our machines... makes it tricky to troubleshoot.
If anyone out there is willing to capture the problem on video (fraps, or a digital camera...) and post a link to it here so we could see what it looks like, that would be a big help! It'd be useful to see the upgrade screen notification, as well as the speed-up/slow-down effect that some people have mentioned as well.

Thanks!
Eddy

Sjado

Postby Sjado » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi there,

I have the same issue. It keeps fading in & out. I first thought it had to do with the fact that I played the OSMOS demo through Steam. But after removing all the content (even manually deleting the osmos igf demo directory from the Steam folder), I keep seeing this upgrade screen.

I've made a screenshot: Image

Not sure what else I can tell you guys. I'm willing to help you troubleshoot this issue as I know how annoying it is to not be able to reproduce issues :)

Feel free to contact me as this is (as stated above) quite annoying to play, while the demo was sooo smooth sailing..

EDIT: Turning on VSYNC fixed my issue...

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:12 am

Hi mint_me, Sjado,

Please see Eddy's post on this issue here.

Thanks!
Dave

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”