Impulse

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
udm

Impulse

Postby udm » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 am

Hey guys first up congrats on getting this game out! It's getting steady popularity, so good job on that.

Now on to my question: Will the game be distributed on Impulse? I'm not a Steam user, and don't intend to be one anytime soon, but I like Impulse, and I'd prefer to buy it over there where I can keep track. I think Osmos is great, and I'm even willing to go as far as to donate to Hemisphere Games the amount of royalties that Impulse would take from sales.

That is all :)

Meal Worms

Re: Impulse

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:23 am

Hi udm,

Thanks for your post! We don't have any plans to distribute through Impulse at this time. Is there a way you can hook standalone games into the Impulse interface? I know Steam, for example, has an option for adding non-Steam games to the Steam Client's 'My Games' interface.

Alternatively, we'd be very happy if you chose to buy the game directly from us via our Osmos page. As described on the Osmos FAQ, we offer the added incentive that folks who buy directly from us will be sent a copy of the Mac and Linux clients!

Thanks,
Dave

udm

Postby udm » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Thanks for the honest reply Dave! It's a shame you guys won't be distributing through Impulse though :)

Swift

Postby Swift » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:00 am

I have tried Impulse and really don't like it. Steam is amazing and is much bigger in support and games. I think if you do not have many games on your Impulse account you should switch to steam, and I'm sure you will enjoy it more. I'm not trying to advertise for steam or anything, it is just better software. Also, you can't get exclusive games like Half-Life series, Team Fortress, or Left 4 Dead on Impulse, while on VAVLe's Steam, you can because VALVe makes all those games. I bought Osmos on steam, and it's amazing...

Faithful

Postby Faithful » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:17 pm

I would say buy a stand alone copy of the game and blow off Steam and Impulse. You would really own the game and never be beholden to the whims of Valve or Stardock, but truly own the game outright.

the-beast

Postby the-beast » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:30 am

Faithful wrote:I would say buy a stand alone copy of the game and blow off Steam and Impulse. You would really own the game and never be beholden to the whims of Valve or Stardock, but truly own the game outright.

I would have to agree with Faithful here. I personally prefer the stand alone DRM free version. But everyones different and has different opinions on how they want to manage their games and the DRM they are willing to tolerate with said management software.

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”