Menu not working properly + Full version thinks it's a demo

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
BRBgottablaze

weird??

Postby BRBgottablaze » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 am

i bought the full version of osmos from the steam store and when i try and play it, about 3 seconds in it starts flashing black screen saying my trial is over? and it wont let me play? why is it still doing it after i bought it? :?:

BRBgottablaze

upgraded to full but still says i need to upgrade

Postby BRBgottablaze » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 am

just a black screen flashs while im playing saying i need to upgrade and then it just freeze's the game

Meal Worms

Re: upgraded to full but still says i need to upgrade

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 am

Hi BRBgottablaze,

Have you been able to find anything on the Osmos FAQ that has helped you out? Also, is there anything useful in the Osmos.log file (in the Osmos directory of your Documents folder)?

Thanks,
Dave

boelie

Menu not working properly + Full version thinks it's a demo

Postby boelie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 am

Hi,

After playing the demo for a bit, it crashed. But since I was about to buy the game anyways, I closed and deinstalled it and decided to buy the game via Steam.
So I did and started the game via Steam and now I have the following issue:
The Osmos "balls" are visible after starting but when hovering with my mouse over them everything responds very strange and a text shows "Thanks for playing the demo". Sometimes it dissapears and I'm able to play (1 of the 6 attempts..). However my progress was not saved and the problem remains.

I tried deleting the Osmos directory and open the game, but that doesn't solve it.
I downloaded the demo again, deinstall Steam full version, installed demo, deinstalled it and reinstalled Steam version again. No solution either.

For some reason it looks like it can find old data or so. Is there a way to clean it up properly? In this way I can't play, which is a shame as I really like the game.

Thanks!

boelie

Re: Menu not working properly + Full version thinks it's a demo

Postby boelie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am

For some reason it did work properly out of the sudden and I could play 3 or 4 times (at the same day). But today it gets stuck into the menu again.

What I see is the Hemisphere games logo and when I move my mouse a bit it says thanks for playing the demo, then it shows the osmos level balls again for a very short amount of time and things repeat...

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi boelie,

Thanks for your post! Do you by any chance have a machine with dual AMD processors? Some players running Osmos with AMD Athalon X2 processors have been experiencing strange flickering problems. To work around this, open the Windows Task Manager, right click on the osmos.exe process and set the affinity of the Osmos process to only one CPU (thanks to c_logic for the find).

Does this work for you?

Thanks,
Dave

DawnTreader

Postby DawnTreader » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Meal Worms wrote:Hi boelie,

Thanks for your post! Do you by any chance have a machine with dual AMD processors? Some players running Osmos with AMD Athalon X2 processors have been experiencing strange flickering problems. To work around this, open the Windows Task Manager, right click on the osmos.exe process and set the affinity of the Osmos process to only one CPU (thanks to c_logic for the find).

Does this work for you?

Thanks,
Dave

Hello Dave

This seems to have fixed me. I was still having trouble with flickering and the evasive demo overlay popping in and out. Thanks!

Faithful

Display Problem

Postby Faithful » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:22 am

While playing the game it occasionally/intermittently displays the screen that says, buy the full game, and a list of the various levels (locked of course). It will then disappear and reappear every few moments.

It makes the game rather hard to play! :)

Is this a known problem? If so is there a solution, if not what should I try?

Thanks for any help you can give.

eddybox
Site Admin

Re: Display Problem

Postby eddybox » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi Faithful,

A few questions for you:

Are you running the Steam version or did you download from Hemisphere?
What version are you running (you can tell on the lower right hand corner of the credits screen).
Could you post your machine specs as well? (OS + hardware...)

Thanks,
Eddy

Faithful

Re: Display Problem

Postby Faithful » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Thank you for the reply. Here is the information.

I bought and downloaded it directly from Hemisphere. I wanted no DRM. :)

The version is 1.5.6 build 1057

System Information
Processor
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Motherboard
model: DFI Corp,LTD
product: LP UT NF4 Expert
version: 1.0

Physical Memory
3326 MB

Display adapter
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT