Requesting an Alt + Z or Save Game to apply to sub-zones

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Supersnake

Requesting an Alt + Z or Save Game to apply to sub-zones

Postby Supersnake » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Greetings,
Am enjoying the game very much. However, I and two other players who are communicating on another forum in addition to our forum are finding the last sub-zone in F3A (Zen Attractors) to be too difficult to complete. The Alt + Z command is not useful for this sub-zone as all that does is restart the first sub-zone of F3A (Zen Attractors). We need a Alt + Z or a Save Game command that applies to where we are at the moment.

I notice that there is a post addressing this F3A sub-zone (Zen Attractors) as being too hard. This level could cause me to drop the game right at this point, it is that frustrating.

REQUEST: Could you please create a Save game command or tweak the Alt+Z to apply to the actual sub-zone in which we are currently playing?
Thanks!

Meal Worms

Re: Requesting an Alt + Z or Save Game to apply to sub-zones

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi Supersnake,

Thanks for your comments!

Regarding the difficulty of last couple of F3A levels: please notice these 1-2 levels appear at the very end of the game — they’re literally the final levels of the core game. They’re like end-of-game boss battles. They’re meant to be challenging, and not really beatable until a player has worked up a few skills and learned the ins and outs of the gameplay. They're the hardest levels in the game, and that's intentional.

Don’t worry about finding some the levels in Osmos a challenge. They’re not meant to be fast experiences. Some of the levels take thought and time to finish. And besides, there’s no real rush to complete the game. Go back to levels that you’ve enjoyed and play a few random variants, chilling out and enjoying the zen. Osmos is a game that rewards chilling, getting into the groove, and really just contemplating ;-)

The other thing I encourage you to do is to not forget about engaging the time slowdown/speedup when you’re having trouble. It’s there as a sort of ‘difficulty knob’ where a player can dial in the desired level of challenge. For the F3 levels, you can play more efficiently by setting your trajectory and then speeding up time while waiting for collisions.

Happy Osmoting,
Dave

Supersnake

Postby Supersnake » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Meal Worms wrote:Hi Supersnake,

Thanks for your comments!

Regarding the difficulty of last couple of F3A levels: please notice these 1-2 levels appear at the very end of the game — they’re literally the final levels of the core game. They’re like end-of-game boss battles. They’re meant to be challenging, and not really beatable until a player has worked up a few skills and learned the ins and outs of the gameplay. They're the hardest levels in the game, and that's intentional.... (cut)
Happy Osmoting,
Dave

And thanks for your prompt reply and your explanation why the F3 levels are as difficult as they are. May I be the first of many to congratulate the developers for personifying the difficulty factor so well in those boss levels :D

Am pleased to report that I finally completed F3A and have posted my success in the Zen Attractors thread.
Now onto the F3B and F3C levels, I shall gird my loins and pray to the gaming gods for assistance before venturing into the Valley of Great Challenges.

And lest I forget. I love Osmos, it is one great game!

Best regards Dave,
Supersnake

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 am

Haha, thanks for the kind words Supersnake. And congrats on beating F3A!

Enjoy,
Dave

bluemanontelly

Postby bluemanontelly » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:17 pm

I second the call for saving in sub-zones. I've had the computer on for 3 days and nights straight now, as it took that long to complete F3A! After reaching the last part, it was too much to face turning off the computer and doing everything again. So please give this some consideration. If not for us, then for the planet :D

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:35 am

Hey folks,

You don't have to replay the entire zone! You can pick up your play from the last level you've completed; see this topic on the Osmos FAQ!

Dave

mitkokrik

Postby mitkokrik » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 am

Hello there i made all lvls in F3A in 1 hour and it wasnt hard just slow ;) wish you all luck

datacz

Postby datacz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:52 pm

F3A easy no problem.
F3B easy no problem.
F3C really hard. F3C-3 most dificult (not beaten yet). F3C-2 second most dificult (beaten).
Save game may lower a bit this dificulty.
Restart level for every wrong click is too hard...

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”