OpenGL support in Windows 7

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Jon_071

OpenGL support in Windows 7

Postby Jon_071 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi all, I was recently gifted this game via Steam.

I am running dual boot (Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows 7 x64) with the NVIDIA card 9600M GT.

The OpenGL support for windows 7 seems non-existent. Just doing a simple google search with "horizontal bars flickering OpenGL windows 7" will probably show you that.

Anyway, that's what is happening to me -- there are large horizontal bars that keep flickering across the entire screen. I tried downloading the most recent driver (as I have 185.75 for now, it came with the Boot Camp drivers on the Snow Leopard disk, and 195.62 are the most recent) but to no avail. IN SETUP it states "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I have the 9600M GT Card, and I selected the GeForce 9M series Windows 7 64 bit version off of the NVIDIA website. Does anybody have any clue to why that certain message keeps popping up? I would really appreciate the help, and am REALLY looking forward to this game!

Thanks, appreciate the support --
Jon

Jon_071

Re: OpenGL support in Windows 7

Postby Jon_071 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:12 am

I fixed it -- I needed to "force" the update. http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
:)

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks for posting Jon; glad to hear your issues have been worked out!

Yeah, new OSes are always a pain, and given that D3D is predominant in PC gaming, HW vendors are incentivised to polish their D3D implementations before OpenGL.

FYI, Osmos has already been ported to D3D; we'll be looking to roll out D3D support in an update soon.

Enjoy the game!
Dave

gryph

Postby gryph » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:05 am

any idea how he forced them to install?
im in the same boat

eta on d3d just in case would be nice

thanks
gryph

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”