Update 1.6.1, Linux version

Feedback and support for the PC version of Osmos
Meal Worms

Update 1.6.1, Linux version

Postby Meal Worms » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey all,

The Linux version of Osmos has been patched to version 1.6.1. This patch is the definitive fix for the timer freeze bug and the FreeType font issue.

If you purchased the game directly from us at Hemisphere, download the latest version by simply opening your original purchase confirmation email and clicking on the Linux download link again.

If you purchased the game via the Humble Indie Bundle, stay tuned; we'll be rolling out the Linux patch to the HIB system shortly.

Further details are available here.

Enjoy!
Dave

blackpaw

Re: Update 1.6.1, Linux version

Postby blackpaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 am

Meal Worms wrote:Hey all,

If you purchased the game directly from us at Hemisphere, download the latest version by simply opening your original purchase confirmation email and clicking on the Linux download link again.

I've long since lost my original purchase email :( Is it possible to get it sent again? should be registered to the email with this login

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey blackpaw,

You can find details for resending your purchase confirmation on the Osmos FAQ!

Cheers,
Dave

blackpaw

Postby blackpaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Meal Worms wrote:You can find details for resending your purchase confirmation on the Osmos FAQ!

D'oh! that did the trick, thanks Dave :)

You can ignore the email I sent as well :)

Cheers, Lindsay

Meal Worms

Postby Meal Worms » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm

No worries Lindsay! ;-)

Enjoy,
Dave

icewater

Postby icewater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 am

Do you have plans to update the Linux demo with the fixes in 1.6.1 (eg missing text in menus etc)?

In general, how strong is your commitment to the Linux build? It's the only OS I use and probably the #1 reason I ended up here (although the game is just wonderful on its own merits regardless of OS of course).

I know it's only ten bucks but I'd still like to know that it will be maintained in parallel with the other OS's prior to buying.

Thanks!

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi icewater,

Our intention is to continue to support Linux in addition to our other platforms. Our latest work on the Linux front was integrating with Steam, which required more back and forth than anticipated. (Valve is still in Beta on this front: http://steamforlinux.com/?q=en/node/141) But yes, we plan to update the demo, other stuff just keeps "distracting" us. Thanks for the poke/reminder.

Cheers,
Eddy

eddybox
Site Admin

Postby eddybox » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Good news -- Here's an updated version (1.6.1) of the demo! (attached to this post.)

On the down side, we're having a hell of a time building the .deb and .rpm packages. Our linux machine died a while back, taking our controlfile and filesystem setup mojo with it. And it looks like .deb files need to follow an ever-growing list of requirements which we're far from being experts on: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/.

So... are there any Linux devs/experts out there (for whom this may be relatively simple) who'd be willing to re-wrap this tarball into any of the other formats for us? If so, we'd be mighty grateful!

Thanks,
Eddy
Attachments
OsmosDemo_1.6.1.tar.gz
New Osmos Linux Demo tarball, with the font problem fixed.
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 6874 times

Return to “Osmos PC (Win/Mac/Linux)”